Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp
- 6 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup onion
- 2 lemons
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 0 low sodium vegetable stock
- 3/4 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 bunch parsley
This skinny scampi is just as tasty with fewer calories than traditional recipes. Enjoy this lighter variation of an Italian favorite.
Peel and devein shrimp before cooking.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add pasta.
- Cook until just tender, following package directions.
- Combine minced garlic and onion, zest and juice of one lemon, olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and shrimp in a large sauté pan.
- Saute until shrimp are slightly pink and form a "C" shape.
- Remove shrimp from pan using a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add butter to pan and deglaze pan using vegetable stock (about ½ cup) and simmer for three minutes.
- Add shrimp and pasta back to sauté pan and toss.
- Top with chopped parsley.
Nutrition information per serving: 453 calories; 22 g total fat; 6 g saturated fat; 169 mg cholesterol; 817 mg sodium; 39 g carbohydrate; 6 g fiber; 28 g protein