Total Time: 3.5 hours
This beer and beef stew means business. Perfect for a snowy winter week and certainly worth the wait in the slow cooker.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish; add beef pieces.
- Toss to coat each piece evenly.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet; cook and stir coated beef, working in batches, until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes per batch.
- Transfer cooked beef to a slow cooker.
- Add potato and carrots.
- Cook onion in the same skillet used for beef until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add beer and garlic; bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Scrape browned bits from bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon and pour onion mixture into the slow cooker.
- Add beef broth, thyme and bay leaves into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low until beef is tender, about 3 hours.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.