Total Time: 8 hours
- 4 pound pork shoulder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 can 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 can 4 oz diced green chilies
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 0 corn tortillas
- 0 salsa verde
- 0 sliced avocados
- 0 sour cream
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork and cook until browned on all sides, about 6 to 8 minutes, turning to brown each side.
- Place pork in slow cooker and add onion, tomatoes, green chilies and cumin.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 cup water.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, until tender.
- Remove pork and cool slightly.
- Shred meat with a fork discarding fat.
- Spoon some vegetables from the slow cooker over the pork.
- Serve on corn tortillas and top with Salsa Verde, avocados and sour cream, if desired.
Calories: 430 calories Protein: 37 grams Fat: 19 grams Sodium: 530 milligrams Cholesterol: 115 milligrams Saturated Fat: 6 grams Carbohydrates: 23 grams Fiber: 2 grams