Total Time: 8 hours
- 4 pound pork shoulder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 can 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 can 4 oz diced green chilies
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 0 corn tortillas
- 0 salsa verde
- 0 sliced avocados
- 0 sour cream
They say variety is the spice of life, and this southwest green chile roast is no exception. If you're looking to spice up your weekly dinner routine, give it a try!
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork and cook until browned on all sides, about 6 to 8 minutes, turning to brown each side.
- Place pork in slow cooker and add onion, tomatoes, green chilies and cumin.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 cup water.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, until tender.
- Remove pork and cool slightly.
- Shred meat with a fork discarding fat.
- Spoon some vegetables from the slow cooker over the pork.
- Serve on corn tortillas and top with Salsa Verde, avocados and sour cream, if desired.
Calories: 430 calories Protein: 37 grams Fat: 19 grams Sodium: 530 milligrams Cholesterol: 115 milligrams Saturated Fat: 6 grams Carbohydrates: 23 grams Fiber: 2 grams