Total Time: 2.5 hours
- 3 pound boneless pork shoulder
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 12 oz red skin potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
Boneless pork shoulder roasts are best for shredding into sandwiches or carnitas. This recipe pairs it with potatoes - either serve them together or remove the roast and shred it.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Season pork with salt and pepper.
- In an oven-ready skillet brown pork on all sides in oil, about 10 minutes.
- Set pork aside.
- Add enchilada sauce and bring to a boil.
- Cover the skillet and place it in the oven; bake for 1 hour.
- Turn meat over and add onions and potato to the skillet.
- Cover and cook until vegetables are soft, about 45 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes.
380 calories; 15 g fat; 5 g saturated fat; 115 mg cholesterol; 840 mg sodium; 21 g carbohydrate; 3 g fiber; 37 g protein