Servings: 4 to 6 servings
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup prepared chunky salsa
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1 cube chicken bouillon, crushed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp canola oil
- 1 cup long-grain white rice (not converted rice)
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
Spanish rice is the perfect addition to any Latin cuisine. Brighten up your plate and enjoy the way this recipe compliments your meal!
- Combine water, salsa, bouillon cube, salt, chili powder, and cumin.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a 2-quart covered saucepan.
- Add rice and stir constantly until rice turns begins to turn white (not golden).
- Add onion and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 additional minutes.
- Slowly add liquid mixture (be careful as it will steam a lot).
- Stir in diced tomato and bring to a boil.
- Cover tightly, reduce heat to low, and cook for 20 minutes. No peeking!
- Stir in cilantro with a fork.
- Fluff and serve.
145 calories; 4 g fat; 0 g saturated fat; 23 g carbohydrate; 1 g fiber; 874 mg sodium; 0 mg cholesterol; 4 g protein