Servings: 4 servings
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 tsp canola oil, divided
- 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- to taste cayenne pepper, optional
- to taste salt
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn and cook for 2 minutes, or until it starts to brown. Stir in blueberries.
Transfer blueberries and corn to a large bowl and stir in onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice and salt.
In a separate bowl, combine shrimp, cumin, chili powder and salt.
Heat remaining oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook for 1½ – 2 minutes per side, or until shrimp is opaque and cooked through.
Top tortillas with shrimp and salsa. Serve immediately.
Approximate nutrition information per serving: 290 calories; 8 g fat; 0.5 g saturated fat; 145 mg cholesterol; 810 mg sodium; 38 g carbohydrate; 5 g fiber; 5 g sugar; 20 g protein