Servings: 4 servings
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 3/4 cup Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound 99% lean ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
With fresh spinach and lean turkey, this meatloaf is full of iron and vitamin K!
Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray medium skillet with cooking spray. Cook mushrooms and onion in skillet over medium-low heat 4 minutes or until onion is tender; remove from heat.
Add spinach, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese; mix well. Set aside.
In large bowl, combine turkey, oats, milk, egg white, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; mixing lightly but thoroughly. Spoon 2/3 of turkey mixture lengthwise down center of 11 x 7-inch glass baking dish. Form a deep indentation down middle of turkey; fill indentation with reserved spinach mixture.
Top with remaining turkey, forming a loaf. Seal edges to completely enclose spinach filling.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until thermometer registers 170°F and juices show no pink color. Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
Return to oven 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
292 calories; 9.6 g fat; 4.7 g saturated fat; 87.3 mg cholesterol; 420 mg sodium; 10.7 g carbohydrate; 3 g fiber; 3.1 g sugar; 42.3 g protein