Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 pound flank steak
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp steak seasoning
- 4 cup mixed greens
- 1 cup barley
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- Cook barley according to package directions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Saute mushrooms for 6 to 7 minutes, or until browned.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine barley, greens, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions.
- Toss with 1 tablespoon oil and soy sauce.
- Preheat broiler to high and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Brush steak with 1 tablespoon oil and season with steak seasoning.
- Broil for 6 to 8 minutes; turn and cook an additional 6 to 8 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145 F.
- Remove steak from broiler and let rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Divide salad among four bowls and top with sliced steak.
230 calories; 11 g fat; 2.5 g saturated fat; 400 mg sodium; 18 g carbohydrate; 4 g fiber; 16 g protein