Total Time: 20 minutes
- 12 oz leftover Classic Beef Pot Roast, cut into slices
- 1 can beef broth
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Summer grilling gets even better with these steak and onion sandwiches. Great for dinner parties or weekend barbeques!
Cut onion in half and thinly slice.
- Combine beef broth, 1 tablespoon brown sugar and paprika in medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid has reduced to 1 cup.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion.
- Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Continue cooking for ten minutes or until onions are very tender and golden brown, stirring often.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut bread loaf crosswise in four equal pieces.
- Cut each piece horizontally in half.
- Place cut sides up on rimmed metal baking sheet so surface of bread is 3 to 4 inches from heat.
- Broil for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until toasted.
- Top bread with steak, onions and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with broth mixture for dipping.
440 calories; 12 g fat; 3 g saturated fat; 54 mg cholesterol; 899 mg sodium; 47 g carbohydrate; 2.5 g fiber; 37 g protein