Total Time: 35 minutes
- 4 boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 2 onion
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat or regular balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 tsp chipotle chile powder
- 12 cup mixed salad greens
- 4 tomato
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, zinc and iron.
- Cut onions into slices, brush with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette; set aside.
- Press chile powder onto beef steak.
- Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange onions around steak.
- Grill steak, covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 13 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Grill onions 13 to 15 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Separate onion slices into rings.
- Carve steak into slices.
- Toss salad greens with remaining 1/3 cup vinaigrette and divide among 4 salad plates.
- Top with sliced tomatoes, onions and beef.
Nutrition information per serving: 266 calories; 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 2 g monounsaturated fat); 70 mg cholesterol; 381 mg sodium; 20 g carbohydrate; 6.5 g fiber; 30 g protein; 11.4 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 1.5 mcg vitamin B12; 3.6 mg iron; 30.8 mcg selenium; 5.2 mg zinc; 110.7 mg choline.