Servings: 16 lettuce wraps
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound boneless beef steak (strip, flank, etc.)
- 16 lettuce leaves
- 2 cups assorted vegetables, sliced into thin strips (cucumber, onion, carrots, bell pepper, peas)
- 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/4 cup prepared balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup crumbled cheese, optional
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds, optional
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp black pepper
Whether you're on a low-carb kick or just looking for a new way to enjoy steak, this recipe is for you. Straightforward and easy to make as a lunch!
PREHEAT broiler. COMBINE rub ingredients and press evenly onto steaks. BROIL steaks for 10-15 minutes, turning halfway through, or until internal temperature reaches 145⁰F. LET steaks rest 3 to 5 minutes then CARVE into slices.
TOP lettuce leaves with remaining ingredients and SERVE immediately.
Approximate nutrition information per lettuce wrap: 61 calories; 2 g fat; 1 g saturated fat; 22 mg cholesterol; 58 mg sodium; 1 g carbohydrate; 0.4 g fiber; 8 g protein