- 2 1/2 pound skirt steak
- 1 bottle Guinness Stout
- 2 clove garlic
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce
Skirt steak is boneless and extremely flavorful. To promote tenderness, carve diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Combine all ingredients in any airtight container or plastic bag.
- Let marinate 8-24 hours.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove steaks from marinade, let excess drip off.
- Place on hot grill and let cook 5 -6 minutes.
- Turn steaks and finish on second side for 5-6 minutes for med-rare.
- Let rest 2-3 minutes before serving.
To cook steak in the oven follow these steps:
- Set oven for broiling; preheat for 10 minutes.
- Remove beef from refrigerator.
- Place beef on rack of broiler pan.
- Position broiler pan so that surface of beef is placed the 2-3 inches from heat.
- Broil for 11-15 minutes turning once.