Amount Per Serving: 1 thigh and 1/2 cup sauce
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp onion
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 5 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 jar tomato sauce
Juicy chicken thighs and tangy tomato sauce make this a show-stopping protein option for any meal. Stop by your local Fareway Meat Market to get the best chicken thighs for this recipe!
To prepare stuffing & chicken:
- Combine spinach and breadcrumbs in a medium bowl with Parmesan, a lightly beaten egg, 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion, 1 tablespoon garlic, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
- Place a chicken thigh skinned-side down on a work surface.
- Fill the thigh with 2 to 3 tablespoons of the stuffing, first filling the area (or pocket) left by the bone and placing the rest in the center of the thigh.
- Roll the thigh closed and secure with 2 pieces of kitchen string.
- Repeat with the remaining thighs and stuffing (You may have leftover stuffing).
- Season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper and salt.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy, high-sided skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and add half the thighs, seam-side down.
- Cook, turning 2 or 3 times, until brown on Remove the thighs with a slotted spoon; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Season with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce.
333 Calories; 13 g Fat; 4 g Sat; 98 mg Cholesterol; 615 mg sodium; 20 g Carbohydrates; 4 g fiber; 28 g Protein