- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 3/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 c. diced apples
- 1/3 c. melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 C. maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. yogurt
- 1/2 c. applesauce
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. raw sugar, for sprinkling on top
It's that time of year to whip up our favorite apple muffins! Trust us, your kids won’t even know they’re the healthier version! Using some of Fareway’s deliciously fresh ingredients, we created a super yummy and versatile treat - perfect for busy school days. Thank you Sunny from @northwoodsfolk for creating this recipe for us!
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease or line your muffin tin. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt and whisk together. Fold in the diced apple and toss to coat.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter/oil and maple syrup. Add the eggs and beat well, then add the yogurt, applesauce and vanilla and whisk until combined.
3. Slowly mix the wet ingredients with the dry until just barely combined, being careful not to overmix. Scoop batter into prepared muffin pan and then sprinkle the tops with raw sugar. Bake for 13-16 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
4. Let cool slightly, then enjoy warm with a pat of butter!