Amount Per Serving: 2 wraps
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound Top of Iowa Sirloin steak
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp coarse black pepper
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp Chili sauce
- 8 cabbage/lettuce leaves
- 1 cup whole grain brown rice
- 1 sliced green onions
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 cup large carrots, peeled and chopped
Heat large skillet or grill to medium-high heat; add oil.
Season steak with salt and pepper.
Cook steak 8 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145. Transfer to a cutting board, cover with aluminum foil tent, and let rest.
Add red onion to the same skillet and cook about five minutes or until soft.
In a small bowl, combine hoisin sauce, water and chili sauce. Set aside.
Slice steak across grain and fill cabbage leaves with rice, steak, red onion, green onion, cucumber and carrots. Serve with sauce.