Amount Per Serving: 1 1/4 cup
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 carrots
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can spicy chili beans
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
This chili is full of protein and healthy fats to give you all the energy you need for a busy night with friends or a weekend full of winter weather!
We recommend Mrs. Grimes® canned beans for this recipe.
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Dice onion, carrots and bell pepper.
- Mince garlic.
- Drain and rinse black beans and kidney beans.
- Add onion, bell pepper, garlic and carrots.
- Cook until vegetables are soft, about ten minutes.
- Add ground beef and cumin and cook until beef is browned.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate and warm before eating.
295 calories; 8 g total fat; 2.5 g saturated fat; 37 mg cholesterol; 512 mg sodium; 25 g carbohydrate; 10 g fiber; 22 g protein