Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 5 ounce tuna steaks
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 4 hamburger or bakery buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, sliced
Tuna is a great alternative to beef, with similar protein content and less fat. Not only is tuna a great lean protein, but it's also rich in vitamin B-6 and cobalamin!
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Pat tuna steaks dry with a paper towel and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add tuna to skillet.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes
- Flip and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Lightly toast buns.
- Top with mayonnaise.
- Add tuna, lettuce, and tomatoes.
329 calories; 9 g fat; 1.6 g saturated fat; 55 mg cholesterol; 223 mg sodium; 23 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 36 g protein