Total Time: 35 mins.
Tuscan Chicken with White Beans
- 8 oz. uncooked tagliatelle or fettuccine pasta
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- to season Salt and pepper
- 4 Tbsp. butter, cubed and divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 1/2 C. chicken broth
- 1 1/2 C. heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 oz. Sartori Classic Parmesan cheese, finely shredded and divided
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 C. fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 C. chopped sun-dried tomatoes
Savor this take on dinner starring the rustic flavors of Tuscany. Simple ingredients and prep, try one-dish Tuscan Chicken with White Beans tonight. Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Cheese.
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Keep warm.
Flatten chicken to 1/2-inch thickness. Season with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a 4-quart Dutch oven or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted in meat reads 165°F. Transfer chicken to a plate. Keep warm.
Melt remaining butter in the same pan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add tomato paste; cook and stir for 1 minute longer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Gradually add chicken broth and cream. Whisk in cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 2 cups, stirring frequently.
Reduce heat to low. Gradually whisk in 1 cup parmesan until melted. Add the beans, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Return chicken to the pan. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes longer or until chicken is heated through. Serve with pasta.