Amount Per Serving: 1 gyro
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 pound beef steak
- 3 tsp Greek seasoning
- 6 pitas
- 1/3 cup crumbled Feta
- 8 oz Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 3/4 cup tomato, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh dill
- 1/3 cup black olives, drained
What's a gyro without a creamy tzatziki sauce? This recipe has both for a delicious tour of the Grecian islands.
- Combine sauce ingredients (Greek yogurt, cucumber, 1 tsp Greek seasoning, tomato, dill, and black olives) and set aside.
- For steak, sprinkle with 2 tsp Greek seasoning and pan-broil.
- Let steak rest for 3 to 5 minutes, then slice.
- Layer steak, sauce and feta cheese in pita and serve.
301 calories; 15 g fat; 7 g saturated fat; 79 mg cholesterol; 402 mg sodium; 12 g carbohydrate; 1.3 g fiber; 28 g protein