Servings: 6 servings
Total Time: 1 hour
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can sliced carrots, drained
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can chopped spinach, drained
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Take the family on a tour of Italian cuisine with this veggie-filled lasagna!
In a 2-quart saucepan over high heat, heat crushed tomatoes, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes to blend flavors.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 12” x 8” baking dish with nonstick spray. In medium bowl combine ricotta cheese and egg until well mixed. Spoon some tomato sauce on bottom of dish to coat. Place 3 uncooked noodles lengthwise across the pan. Top with 1/3 of tomato sauce. With a spatula, spread 1/3 of ricotta mixture. Scatter 1/3 of carrots and spinach on ricotta and add 1/3 of mozzarella cheese. Repeat with uncooked noodles, tomato sauce, ricotta, vegetables and mozzarella two more times. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Cover dish with foil; bake 30 minutes. Uncover dish; bake 10 minutes longer. Let cool before cutting.
420 calories; 12 g fat; 5 g saturated fat; 60 mg cholesterol; 1160 mg sodium; 52 g carbohydrate; 12 g sugar; 6 g fiber; 32 g protein