Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb. 80% Ground Beef
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tsp. chopped onion
- 2 tsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 leaves butter, romaine or iceburg lettuce
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
Now THIS is the burger we've all been waiting for! Topped with avocado and spiced with jalapeños, this freshly made beef patty will have everyone coming back for seconds. Did we mention they're bun-less?
1. Combine ground beef, jalapeño, onion, cilantro, salt and black pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four (½-inch thick) patties.
Place patties on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, 8–10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7–9 minutes), turning occasionally.
Warm a cast iron skillet in the oven while it preheats to 425°F. Once the skillet is hot, remove it from the oven using oven mitts. Add oil to skillet. Add burgers then place skillet back in the oven and bake for 8–10 minutes for medium-rare, 11–12 minutes for medium or 13–15 minutes for medium-well.
Place each burger on lettuce leaves. Top with onion, tomato and avocado. Wrap lettuce around burger and enjoy.
368 calories; 28.25 g fat; 9.5 g saturated fat; 80.5 mg cholesterol; 157 mg sodium; 7.5 g carbohydrate; 3.75 g fiber; 2.5 g sugar; 21 g protein
Recipe courtesy of www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com