Amount Per Serving: 1 cup
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup beer
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
This super soup combines beer and sharp cheddar cheese for a delicious, creamy soup perfect for cold winter days!
Substitute low fat milk for the half & half to save calories.
- Melt the butter on medium heat.
- Chop the onion, carrots, and celery and add to the butter.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until veggies are soft.
- Add the flour to the pan and stir it in well.
- Add in the beer and the broth.
- Let the soup heat up to a gentle boil.
- Once your broth hits a gentle boil, turn the heat down to low and add in the half & half and cheese.
- Allow the cheese to melt completely then add mustard, Worcestershire, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Optional step: For an extra cream soup use an immersion blender to smooth out the soup. No immersion blender? No problem, simply puree the soup in your normal blender in small batches.