Amount Per Serving: 2 c.
Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1/4 c. onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds removed and minced
- 6 c. reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 c. frozen corn kernels
- to taste salt and pepper
- 2 c. cooked shredded chicken
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 c. (1/2 of 8.8 oz. pouch) Spanish style rice, cooked
A fan favorite! Cozy, quick tortilla soup with optional toppings to create your own delicious masterpiece.
Store leftover soup in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
1. In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add tomato, onion and jalapeno. Sauté until onion and jalapeno are softened, about 3 minutes.
2. Add chicken broth, corn, salt, pepper, chicken and cumin. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
3. Add rice mix and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Serve with optional toppings, if desired.
274 calories; 5.5 g fat; 1.9 g saturated fat; 83 mg cholesterol; 2046 mg sodium; 19 g carbohydrate; 1.5 g fiber; 4 g sugar; 38 g protein