Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- 3 pound country-style pork ribs
- 6 cup red cabbage
- 1 onion
- 1 apple
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
MacIntosh, Gala and Granny Smith apples are good cooking apples and will hold their shape after baking.
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the finely sliced cabbage, onion, and apple in the bottom of a 4-quart casserole or Dutch oven.
- Heat a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add pork ribs and cook until browned, about 6 to 8 minutes, turning to brown each side.
- Remove pork and place over cabbage. Pour off fat.
- Combine vinegar and brown sugar in a small bowl. Add to pan, stirring to remove browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour over ribs and cabbage.
- Cover and bake 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 155°F, pork is tender and cabbage is cooked.
Calories: 340 calories Protein: 37 grams Fat: 13 grams Sodium: 140 milligrams Cholesterol: 125 milligrams Saturated Fat: 4 grams Carbohydrates: 18 grams Fiber: 3 grams