Total Time: Varies
- 1 5lb. roasting chicken
- 1/2 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Pat chicken dry. Season inside and outside with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
3. Place breast side down in a roasting pan fitted with a roasting rack (if you don’t have a roasting rack, you can make a ring with aluminum foil and place under the chicken in a large baking dish).
4. Pierce whole lemons three times with a fork and place inside the chicken cavity (it’s OK if one sticks out). Tie chicken legs together using kitchen twine.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and roast for 15 minutes.
6. Carefully remove chicken from roasting pan and turn chicken breast-side up.
7. Return chicken to oven and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes.
8. Let chicken rest 15 minutes before carving. Serve with juices from the pan.
Nutrition information varies