Amount Per Serving: 1 Cup
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 pound ground beef or Italian chicken sausage
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp fresh basil
- 3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 2 cup marinara sauce
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 5 lasagna noodles, broken into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup shredded mozarella
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese OR cottage cheese
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil
Mix mozzarella, ricotta (or cottage cheese), grated Parmesan, parsley and basil in a small bowl and set aside for the topping.
Heat a large soup pot over medium heat, brown ground beef. Add onion and garlic and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, drain ground beef if necessary.
Add basil, broth, water, marinara sauce, bay leaves and black pepper and bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
Add broken pasta and cook according to package directions. Divide into serving bowls and add topping.
312 calories; 11 g fat; 4 g saturated fat; 48 mg cholesterol; 544 mg sodium; 31 g carbohydrate; 3 g fiber; 22 g protein