Who's hungry? The crock-pot is one of the most versatile tools in any kitchen. It can even save the day on Thanksgiving!
The Best Thanksgiving Side Dishes to Make in a Crock-Pot
Thanksgiving is almost here! Have you begun to prepare for the big day? If not, no worries - we’re here to help make the fun-filled holiday a little less stressful. Whether you and your family enjoy the classic Thanksgiving dishes or are interested in giving some new recipes a try, we have the perfect lineup for you. And the best part? They can all be prepared in a crock-pot!
Now, let’s get your tastebuds ready for the big feast!
Thanksgiving Crock-Pot Recipe #1 | Mashed Potatoes
Would Thanksgiving be the same without mashed potatoes? We don’t think so. Take the stress out of your cooking process with this simple and delectable crock-pot mashed potato recipe.
- 5 pounds of russet potatoes
- 3 to 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of coarse kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups of milk (or a mixture of milk and cream)
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
Thanksgiving Crock-Pot Recipe #2 | Creamed Corn
Creamed corn is great all year round, but there is something about this tasty side dish that brings the whole Thanksgiving spread together. Save you and your loved ones some time preparing by giving this recipe a go.
- 4 cups of frozen corn
- 8 oz of cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- 1 tsp of fresh ground black pepper (plus more for serving)
Thanksgiving Crock-Pot Recipe #3 | Stuffing Casserole
Another Thanksgiving side that cannot be bypassed is the stuffing. And we promise this stuffing casserole will bring stuffing fans tremendous joy. What are you waiting for? Add it to your list.
- 1 (6 oz.) box of stuffing mix (chicken or turkey)
- 1 (12 oz.) bag of frozen broccoli
- 1 (10 oz.) bag of frozen corn
- 1 (10 oz.) can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces of Velveeta cheese, cubed (or 1 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese)
Thanksgiving Crock-Pot Recipe #4 | Cornbread Casserole
Don’t usually incorporate cornbread casserole in your Thanksgiving lineup? Now is the time to start! Go ahead and give this savory recipe a try. Calling for only a few ingredients, you will have this side dish done and ready to serve in no time.
- 1 can of whole kernel corn
- 1 can of cream-style corn
- 1 (8-ounce) package of corn muffin mix
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 stick of butter (melted)
- 1 cup of shredded Cheddar
Thanksgiving Crock-Pot Recipe #5 | Cranberry Orange Sauce
Out of all of the Thanksgiving sides, one that you absolutely cannot forget to include is the cranberry sauce. What makes this cranberry sauce different from your traditional sauces, you may ask? It’s the wonderful use of orange, of course. We have a feeling you and your loved ones won’t be disappointed.
- 2 (12 oz.) bags of fresh cranberries
- ¾ cup of orange juice
- Zest from one orange
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
Thanksgiving Crock-Pot Recipe #6 | Smothered Green Beans
Does your family love smothered green beans? If so, this recipe is just what you have been looking for. Throw it together in less than five minutes, and it will be whipped up before you know it.
- 5 (15-oz) cans of green beans, drained
- 1 lb of bacon
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of butter, melted
- 1/4 cup of low-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 tsp of garlic powder
Thanksgiving Crock-Pot Recipe #7 | Roasted Butternut Squash with Penne
A unique, but flavorful side dish that you should try this Thanksgiving is this roasted butternut squash with penne recipe. Packed with an abundance of flavors, you and your loved ones will want to include this every year after giving it a try. We guarantee it.
- 1 pound of cubed butternut squash
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 8 ounces of Barilla Penne Pasta
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ cups of heavy cream
- ½ cup of grated parmesan (plus more for garnish)
- 2 tbsp of fresh sage, chopped (plus more for garnish)
- 1 tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of pepper
Thanksgiving Crock-Pot Recipe #8 | Pear and Ginger Applesauce
It can be easy to fall into the rhythm of only including your family’s favorite traditional dishes. If that sounds like your loved ones, we challenge you to mix up your side dishes and try out this pear and ginger applesauce. Bursting with heavenly fall flavors, you and your family will be going back for seconds in no time.
- 5 medium-sized Gala apples
- 5 medium-sized Bartlett pears
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- ½ tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1½ tsp of finely grated fresh ginger
- ¼ cup of water or apple juice
Thanksgiving Crock-Pot Recipe #9 | Brown-Sugared Baby Carrots
Love baby carrots? If so, your tastebuds have met their match with this refreshing and delightful Thanksgiving side dish recipe.
- 1 bag (32 oz) of ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley
Thanksgiving Crock-Pot Recipe #10 | Baked Beans
Add a little extra comfort to your Thanksgiving side dishes with this baked bean recipe. Is your mouth watering yet? If not, it will be when this dish is ready to devour.
- 1 lb of dried navy beans, rinsed and picked over
- 1 lb of dried small red beans, rinsed and picked over
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 3 cups of water
- 6 slices of thick cut bacon
- 1 cup of celery, finely diced
- 1 cup of onion, finely diced
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp of molasses
- 4 tbsp of honey
- 2 tsp of dry mustard
- 2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
Are You Ready to Get Started?
Head on over to your neighborhood Fareway for the necessary ingredients and get back to enjoying that much-needed family time.
From our Fareway family to yours - Happy Thanksgiving!