- Sundays Off
- Fareway is well known for our policy on retail stores being closed Sunday’s. Many of our students appreciate this because it allows for the day of rest many seek when trying to balance school, extra-curricular activities, and work!
- Time to Focus on School
- All Fareway stores are closed to the public by 9 PM Monday thru Saturday. This means once closing duties are completed, our employees are off work at a good hour to focus on personal activities such as school work, opposed to working late night shifts, or even overnight hours.
- Flexible Scheduling
- We encourage our employees to be involved in the community and extracurricular activities. Flexible scheduling at Fareway allows time for students to be involved in sports, school organizations, volunteerism, community organizations, etc.
- Transfer Opportunities
- With Fareway having stores in many communities, there are potential opportunities for students to transfer to another Fareway store located close to, or in, the geographical area they plan to attend college. Feedback from our employees is that they appreciate this mobility as it is makes the transition to college that much easier being able to continue to work for one employer.
- Scholarship/Loan Reimbursement Opportunities
- Each year Fareway offers over $100,000 in scholarships to eligible employees and children of Fareway employees. In addition, Fareway’s Fast Forward program provides college student loan reimbursement to employees meeting the eligibility requirements. If that’s not enough, Fareway also continues to partner in tuition assistance programs with various colleges and universities.
- Internship Opportunities
Fareway offers a variety of internship opportunities, both in retail and corporate. Internships typically vary from 30 to 90 days in duration.
Please visit our Internship Opportunities page to learn more about Fareway Retail and Corporate Internships.