Servings: 12 tacos
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce or salsa
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning, to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 12 fajita-sized flour tortillas
- For serving: shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, black olives, avocado slices, sour cream, cilantro, etc.
Taco Tuesdays just got better with these baked chicken tacos! In as little as 30 minutes, you have delicious chicken tacos ready to go.
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Combine chicken, tomato sauce (or salsa) and taco seasoning in a saucepan.
Heat over medium-low heat until heated through and well combined, about 5 minutes.
Spread refried beans on tortillas. Top with chicken and cheese, if desired.
Fold tortillas in half. Bake until tortillas begin to crisp, 8–10 minutes.
Flip tacos and bake for an additional 3–5 minutes.
Serve with desired toppings.
Approximate nutrition information per taco (using tomato sauce; does not include toppings): 181 calories; 4.9 g fat; 2 g saturated fat; 29 mg cholesterol; 604 mg sodium; 20 g carbohydrate; 2.5 g fiber; 1.5 g sugar; 13 g protein