Total Time: 30 Minutes
Blackened Cajun Pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) box penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning, to taste, divided
- 2 Tbsp. oil, divided
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 C. heavy cream
Add some spice to your pasta! This Blackened Cajun Pasta has a delicious creamy sauce and juicy chicken that the whole family will love.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Season chicken with 1½ tablespoons Cajun seasoning. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet. Sauté chicken until cooked through, about 6–8 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining oil to skillet. Sauté peppers until tender, 8–12 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 more seconds.
- Remove peppers and garlic from skillet. In the same skillet, melt butter. Stir in broth, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and remaining Cajun seasoning and bring to a simmer. Add pasta and peppers to sauce. Top with green onions.
Approximate nutrition information per serving: 330 calories; 16 g fat; 6.6 g saturated fat; 30 mg cholesterol; 1501 mg sodium; 37 g carbohydrate; 2.2 g fiber; 2.6 g sugar; 24 g protein