Amount Per Serving: 1 individual pie
Total Time: 45 mins.
Chicken Pot Pies
- 1/3 c. butter
- 1/3 c. chopped onion
- 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1 1/2 c. frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 c. cooked chicken, but into bite-sized pieces
- 2 sheets refrigerated pie crust dough
An individual sized family favorite? Say no more! These personal sized chicken pot pies are great for portion control, kids, and make ahead weeknight meals.
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet with sides. Add onion and sauté until onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add flour and mix well.
3. Add chicken broth and milk.
4. Simmer over medium-low heat until mixture has thickened, about 3 minutes.
5. Stir in frozen vegetables, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cooked chicken.
6. To assemble crusts, cut dough into 12 circles using a large glass or cookie cutter, making sure to save scrap pieces.
7. Spray 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Press the pie crust into each muffin tin, going up the sides of each cup. Add chicken mixture and top with remaining scrap pieces of crust, if desired.
8. Bake until pie crust is crisp and golden brown, 20–25 minutes.
Per pot pie using skim milk: 303 calories; 18 g fat; 8 g saturated fat; 34 mg cholesterol; 441 mg sodium; 25 g carbohydrate; 1 g fiber; 2 g sugar; 10 g protein