Total Time: Varies
garlic butter turkey breast
- 4 lb. bone-in turkey breast
- 4 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- to taste salt and pepper
Last-minute dinner guests? This simple turkey dinner will be a hit at the table. Butter it up and gobble it down.
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Combine butter, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper in a bowl and stir to combine.
3. Loosen the skin of the turkey breast and spread half of the butter mixture under the skin. Rub the other half on the outside of the turkey.
4. Place the turkey in a large baking dish, skin side up, and bake for 15–20 minutes, until the skin starts to brown. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F. Bake turkey for about 45 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 165°F, basting occasionally with juices from the pan.
5. Remove turkey from the oven and tent with aluminum foil.
6. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
186 calories; 8.8 g fat; 3.8 g saturated fat; 0 g trans fat; 72.6 mg cholesterol; 291 mg sodium; 0 g carbohydrate; 0 g fiber; 0 g sugar; 22 g protein