Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb. 85% lean ground beef
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp. mirin (rice wine)
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. lite soy sauce
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 c. sliced green onions
- 4 c. cooked rice
Do it just like the pros, using ground beef from Fareway's famous fresh meat counter! Take takeout to a whole other level with homemade Mongolian Beef.
1. Heat a large pan over medium high heat. Add sesame oil. Crumble in ground beef and cook until cooked through. Drain any rendered fat, if necessary.
2. Add garlic and ginger and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the mirin, rice vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, water, sesame seeds and red pepper flakes. Cook until the liquid has thickened.
3. Serve over rice. Top with green onions and additional sesame seeds, if desired.
528 calories; 21.5 g fat; 7.25 g saturated fat; 77 mg cholesterol; 579 mg sodium; 54.5 g carbohydrate; 1.25 g fiber; 11.25 g sugar; 26.25 g protein