Total Time: 30 min.
A take on an Irish dish tradition, the easy way! A delicious blend of potatoes and cauliflower make this dish unique and will have the whole table asking for one more serving.
1. In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat until beef is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
2. Drain any rendered fat, if necessary.
3. Add garlic powder, thyme, salt, pepper and frozen vegetables.
4. Combine broth and flour, whisking until smooth. Add broth mixture to skillet.
5. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to a simmer.
6. Add tomato paste. Cook for 8–10 minutes over medium-heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture has thickened.
7. Prepare mashed potatoes according to package directions. Stir in mashed cauliflower, cheese and 2 tablespoons of parsley, if using.
8. Top ground beef with mashed potato mixture and serve.
9. If making ahead, add ground beef mixture to a 9" x 13" baking dish and top with potatoes.
10. Bake at 400°F for 20–25 minutes.
299 calories; 10.9 g fat; 6.3 g saturated fat; 66 mg cholesterol; 36 g carbohydrate; 2.2 g fiber; 4.1 g sugar; 24.7 g protein