Servings: 4 servings
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 8 ounces dried whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup assorted chopped vegetables (leftover from kebabs)
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp dried Italian Herb blend
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Perfect for family dinner or for impressing your date with a homecooked tour of Italy!
Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving 1/3 of pasta water for sauce.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onions and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add peas, tomatoes, vegetables and chicken. Saute until warmed through, about 2 minutes.
Add lemon juice, herbs, cooked pasta, Parmesan cheese and reserved pasta water. Stir to combine.
454 calories; 9.3 g fat; 3 g saturated fat; 11 mg cholesterol; 282.4 mg sodium; 51.8 g carbohydrate; 8.4 g fiber; 4.3 g sugar; 36.9 g protein