Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 cup long grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Take everything you know about a stuffed pepper and throw it into a skillet! Your family is sure to love this easy recipe composed of ground beef, delicious peppers and cheese.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add ground beef and onion, crumbling beef until it cooks through, 5–8 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and cook until they begin to soften, 3–5 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Stir until garlic is fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in uncooked rice, beef broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and cook until rice is done, 18–22 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and serve.
Approximate nutrition information per serving (using 85% lean ground beef): 448 calories; 23 g fat; 9.8 g saturated fat; 95 mg cholesterol; 1228 mg sodium; 27 g carbohydrate; 5.4 g fiber; 7.6 g sugar; 32 g protein